Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Desktop Technician to join our team.
- Under general direction, assist in the support of desktop technology in person, by telephone, or via e-mail in accordance with established service levels.
- Via phone or at the customer’s premises, install, upgrade, configure, and trouble-shoot problems with software/hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and scanners.
- Assist users in the operation of applications providing necessary training and support.
- Interface with Information Systems staff to provide a resolution on system and printer problems.
- Ensure call documentation is complete, accurate and up-to-date.
- Maintain required documentation of department’s application and equipment; maintain desktop inventory.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of District records and procedures.
- Coordinate with IT staff to work problems to closure.
- Perform related work as required or as delegated by supervisor.
- Associate Degree in Information Systems or related field or 60 college credit hours towards a related degree, and two years of experience supporting Desktop-LAN based technology or Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of installing, upgrading, customizing, and supporting desktop software and hardware as well as printer, and other peripheral devices.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products.
- Knowledge of email, spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, operating systems, network operating systems, anti-virus, and help desk management tools.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers.
- District Core: Action Oriented, Building Effective Teams, Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, Functional/Technical Skills, Informing, Integrity and Trust, Interpersonal Savvy, Listening, Managing Diversity, and Peer Relationships
- Position-Specific: Composure, Learning on the Fly, Perseverance, Problem Solving, Technical Learning, Time Management, Dealing with Ambiguity, Approachability, Boss Relationship, Timely Decision Making, Patience, Priority Setting, Standing Alone, Decision Quality, Intellectual Horsepower, Drive for Results, and Self-Development
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.