Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Database Engineer to join our team.
- The Senior Database Engineer position provides technical solutions, primarily software-based, for internal and external client needs in accordance with the best industry practices and within agreed-to time and budget requirements.
- This position works closely with Software Engineers and Data Scientists on software and systems design, implementation and support.
- This position maintains the highest levels of client service.
- Work closely with the software engineering and data scientist groups on schema, index, and query design to support application development.
- Develop database architectures to address business requirements, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
- Monitor and assist in managing applications, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources.
- Coordinate with internal departments to review existing integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality.
- Conduct design sessions with appropriate participation from architects and engineers.
- Create design documents and functional specifications for new applications / services and for enhancements to existing systems / services.
- Work with database administrators to configure, tune and maintain databases.
- Documents systems configurations and upgrades.
- Troubleshoot errors, manage resource allocations, and ensure adequate utilization of all database environments.
- Ensure that system design complies with policies, standards, and principals.
- Performs other related technology duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Job Specifications/Qualifications:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 4-6 years’ experience with MS SQL Server development – e.g., data modeling, stored procedures, functions, jobs.
- 4-6 years’ experience in enterprise software development life-cycle.
- 4-6 years of work experience in an analytical role identifying and solving problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner across functional and technical departments, both verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable “working virtually” with dispersed teammates including video conferencing.
- C# .Net knowledge and Git experience are a plus.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.