Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- As a Software Engineer 2 on the Decision Support Innovation Team, you will be responsible for developing applications to support modern BI applications, utilizing a lambda based architecture in the Azure cloud.
- You will collaborate with talented IT leaders to build data driven, streaming applications which support operational KPI’s for our operational teams, data services and predictive services for our rental systems, analytical processing for our Analysts and Data scientist and more.
- You will be responsible for writing and maintaining simple to moderately complex code.
- You will be responsible for developing, being a contributor in code reviews, and participating in implementation and support activities.
- This is an exciting role in a fast paced, collaborative team that strives to build solutions that will continue to keep the company on the cutting edge of data analytics.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- 3+ years application development experience in object oriented language such as Scala or Java.
- 1+ years hands on experience with relational or NoSQL databases.
- Experiences with software design methodologies, information systems architecture, and software design patterns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution.
- Knowledge of emerging application and infrastructure trends and technologies.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, including presentation and coordination skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience with functional programming and functional programming design patterns.
- Scala programming experience.
- 1+ years of experience working with Apache Spark.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash Shell, Python, and PowerShell.
- Experience with Hadoop technologies, specifically HortonWorks Data Platform.
- Experience with any of the Apache Projects for Big Data solutions, specifically Spark, Kafka, Zepplen, Zookeeper, Avro, Cassandra.
- Experience with Git, Atlassian Suite and Jenkins is preferred.
- Experience developing solutions for the cloud (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.