Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for an Associate Project Manager to join our team.
- Manages assigned operational projects through the entire life of the project, including the development of project charters, establishing project work plans, managing project scopes, issues, changes, communications and quality.
- Responsible for the execution of all project tasks including directing and managing the activities of project team members.
- Aids in accomplishing the goals and objectives, including carrying out all agreed-upon department goals and objectives, and any other task deemed necessary to ensure the success of the department; assists in efforts to implement industry best practices and achieve the highest degree of project success in process control improvements, administrative best practices, data migrations and conversions, historical clean-ups, compliance initiatives and strategic planning.
- Plans, activates and controls assigned projects.
- Develops and publishes project charters, including an agreed upon scope.
- Develops and publishes project work plans utilizing standard project management tool.
- Ensures adequate staffing is in place for assigned projects.
- Ensures assigned projects are implemented on time and on budget.
- Ensures project progress is communicated in a timely and effective manner based on standard project communication mechanism.
- Manages and controls activities of assigned project team members.
- Defines and enforces processes on all projects.
- Assists in the development and implementation of an approved application development methodology.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a project management methodology.
- Assists in the implementation of the appropriate project management tools to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Assists in the implementation of project management training as necessary.
- Assists PM’s with time tracking, project proposals, ROI’s and other PM methodology tasks.
- Reviews project objectives, goals, budgets, and timeframes on an on-going basis.
- Reviews projects for progress against goal; need for corrective action; scope changes; issue resolution.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Intermediate SQL and Query skills.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Advanced level of investigative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously; Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions.
- Advanced level of skills in customer relationship management and change management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects or teams and set applicable goals.
- Advanced negotiating and persuasion skills.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Broad business and finance related knowledge.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility and understanding.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to mentor support staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5-8 years project management experience.
- Project Management Office experience
- PMP, FLMI, ACS, or AIAA
- Insurance industry knowledge
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.